In 2019, Ukrainian airports handled 24 million 336.6 thousand passengers, which is 18.5% higher than the result of 2018, the State Aviation Administration of Ukraine reported with reference to operational data.
21 million 995.6 thousand travelers (+ 19.8%) took advantage of international flights, 2 million 341 thousand passengers (+ 7.5%) flew domestic flights.
The actual number of passengers on domestic flights is half as much due to the specifics of data calculation.
A passenger departing on an international flight, for example, from Boryspil Airport to Vienna, is considered in Ukrainian statistics as one passenger departing. A passenger departing from Boryspil to Lviv is counted as two passengers – one departing in Kiev and one arriving in Lviv.
In 2019, Ukrainian airlines transported 13 million 722.3 thousand passengers, which is 9.5% more than in 2018.
12 560.4 thousand people were transported on international flights (+ 9.7%), 1 million 161.9 thousand passengers – on domestic flights (+ 7.4%).
Top-7 Ukrainian airports in 2019 by passenger flow:
- Boryspil Airport: 15 million 260.3 thousand passengers (+ 21.1%)
- Zhuliany Airport (“Kiev”): 2 million 617.9 thousand passengers (-6.9%)
- Lviv Airport: 2 million 217.4 thousand passengers (+ 38.8%)
- Odessa Airport: 1 million 694 thousand passengers (+ 17.1%)
- Kharkiv Airport: 1 million 340.8 thousand passengers (+ 40%)
- Zaporozhye Airport: 434 thousand passengers (+ 8.4%)
- Dnepropetrovsk Airport: 338.9 thousand passengers (+ 13.3%)
Airports reporting their activity. Data from Simferopol Airport, which is located in uncontrolled territory, is not included in the total passenger traffic information.